Egypt hosts the first forum of the heads of African investment promotion agencies (IPAs) on June 11-14 in Sharm El Sheikh under the slogan “Integration for Growth.”
Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli inaugurated Friday the first forum of the heads of African investment promotion agencies (IPAs Africa Forum 1) organized by the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI).
Africa IPAs Forum 1 kicked off in Egypt’s Sharm El Sheikh having as slogan “Growth for Integration.” The forum is the first of its kind and is taking place on June 11-14 with the participation of ministers and chairpersons of investment promotion authorities at 34 African countries.
Launching by the end of 2021 a consulting entity having the heads of African investment promotion agencies (IPAs), private sector and global consulting firms to identify and promote investment opportunities on the continent.
Launching a digital platform presenting investment opportunities in the sectors of priority as well as the investment legislations of each African state. As such, African countries have to provide all the required data between July and October 2021.
- Setting a strategy to bolster investment in Africa’s manufacturing sector, and build supply chains enabling African states to reduce their dependence on imports and reinforce their competitiveness globally.
- Holding the forum in June of every year.
- Setting a communication mechanism to increase technical cooperation among African IPAs.
- Exchanging visits among African investors to identify investment opportunities.
- Studying establishing an academy to train African IPAs workers.