UNCTAD e-commerce week goes digital from April 27-May 01!
UNCTAD’s eCommerce Week is the leading forum for Ministers, senior government officials, CEOs and other business representatives, international organizations, development banks, academics and civil society to discuss the development, trade and investment opportunities and challenges associated with the evolving digital economy.
Unfortunately, in light of the COVID19 pandemic, UNCTAD had to take the difficult decision to cancel the eCommerce Week scheduled to take place late April in Geneva, Switzerland. Read more HERE.
A SELECTED NUMBER OF EVENTS ON COVID-19, E-COMMERCE, THE DIGITAL ECONOMY TAKES PLACE ONLINE
Throughout of the scheduled e-commerce week, a number of online events will take place. The digital edition of the ecommerce week has been adapted to take place in response to the coronavirus pandemics.
DISCOVER PROGRAMME TOPICS
Highlights of the eWeek include:
- 3 high-level sessions
- A set of webinars to explore how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting lives and economy
- A set of sessions addressing other key issues, as:
- The emergence of digital “real-time economies”.
- How to protect consumers and what efforts competition authorities are undertaking to mitigate the negative effects of the pandemic.
- Innovation, data ownership, and intellectual property.
- The role of cybersecurity and privacy in the digital and e-commerce space.
The following topics will be addressed during the ecommerce week:
- Digital for development in times of the COVID-19 crisis: the role of development cooperation
- Trade facilitation and expected shipments: lessons learned from COVID-19
- Coping with the economic fallout of the COVID-19 crisis in Africa: What role for trade and digital policy?
In view of the current situation concerning the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and lockdown, it has been decided in the public interest to postpone all UNCTAD meetings scheduled in May 2020, including those listed below. New dates will be communicated in due time.
Source/ Image Credit: https://unctad.org/en/Pages/Home.aspx